Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Day 2-3

Yesterday (Day 2) I finished off the day by eating exactly what I ate on Day 1.

The first two days I've been tired. So tired. Struggling to stay awake at my desk, wanting to nod off. This may be because the lack of coffee that has been my habit, having coffee a few times a week instead of just tea.

And I may have cheated (just a tiny bit!) because I didn't think about my morning tea as part of the project. I don't know why. The first two mornings I've had a cup of tea because I have been so tired. (From not getting usual caffeine or usual calories . . . hmmm?)

Woops. Now I'm trying to get more sleep to make up for it.

But I'll make further amends. I won't have tea either. And I won't spend the 3somedollars I have left to spend to make up for it. Five days without caffeine. Mind-boggling.

Other than the tea, I have not gone to a coffeeshop or out to eat, or had the free hot chocolate from work, or free coffee or mooched off my coworkers. The big test will be Saturday, where I work at a cafe where the food is yummy, and which I love to eat on Saturdays. Damn.

Note: I've been drinking a lot of water, it's a good appetite supressant.

As for today, I expect I'll be eating the same things today as yesterday, though I am almost out of the frozen peas, so will probably switch to either the broccoli/cauliflower mix or red pepper/broccoli/corn mix.

One of my friends had a suggestion for making rice more interesting: soy sauce, rice vinegar and a little bit of olive oil. Whaddaya know? I have those in my cabinet!

But he also stated that if he was doing this thing, all he'd buy was a bunch of ramen. So bad for you! I don't think I've been able to eat straight up ramen since high school. Here's why, courtesy of Wikipedia:

"Ramen and similar products are often criticized as being unhealthy or junk food. A single serving of instant noodles is high in carbohydrates but low in fiber, vitamins and minerals. Noodles are typically fried as part of the manufacturing process, resulting in high levels of saturated fat and/or trans fat. Additionally, if served in an instant broth, it typically contains monosodium glutamate (MSG) as well as a high amount of sodium, usually in excess of 60%, the U.S. Recommended Dietary Allowance.

Instant ramen is half-jokingly referred to as a staple food of typical college students. A package of ramen is incredibly cheap for the amount of food it contains. Its low cost and simple preparation has caused instant ramen to be referred to as "Purina student chow," "ghetto noodles", "Lazy Soup", and even "crackhead soup." Despite the variety of flavors, students may find a "ramen diet" monotonous after some time; fortunately, the rather mild flavor of the noodles themselves lends the product to versatility, and kitchen experiments have resulted in ramen-based desserts, salads, main courses, and more."

Ramen Dessert Recipe:
1 package ramen noodles (minus seasoning packet)
strawberry sauce (like you would get on an ice cream sundae)
1 bottle honey
1 dash cinnamon
1 dash sugar
whipped cream, from a can or Cool Whip, is best.

Cook ramen according to package directions.
Drain.
Place noodles in fridge until chilled.
Remove from fridge and place on a plate.
Add as much honey as desired, use a squeeze bottle for this.
Sprinkle on some cinnamon and sugar.
Add a drizzling of strawberry sauce.
Top with copious amounts of whipped cream and one more drizzling of strawberry sauce for colour. Enjoy!

NASTY!

No comments: